Tax Department of NPP mainly works in registration, levy and other tax related activities within their nagar palika parishad area. Main responsibilities of the Department are:
- Preparation of demand registers for taxes, inviting objections, levy and collection of tax from all properties coming under Panchayat area.
- In case of non-payment of taxes, confiscate and auction the property coming under local bodies’ Palika area.
- Collection of water charges from citizens of their municipal area.
- Imposing and collection of Advertisement Tax, wherever needed.
- Assessment and collection of tax from new properties.
- Collection of License Tax as per the rules.
- Levy and collection of vacant land and agricultural land tax.
- Levy and collection of taxes pertaining to employment guarantee cess and education cess.